Our Christian witness certainly includes what we usually think of as evangelism, but it includes far more than that. We bear witness to Christ in our lost world every time we represent him and his Gospel… whether it’s “walking across the room” to share our faith one-on-one, caring for widows and orphans, going on a mission trip, feeding the hungry, visiting the prisoner, fighting against injustice, or standing firm for God’s truth in a culture that doesn’t want to hear it.
All of these, and many more, are examples of bearing witness for Christ. As godly men, we are called to represent Christ in every sphere of life by living as the salt and light that Christ says we are. By serving our Lord as his ambassadors and heralds of his Gospel, we show greater love for the world than any other way.
PS – Action is vital… but words are necessary.
- Richard Baxter (April 18, 2013)
- Appreciating C.S. Lewis (April 11, 2013)
- Stand Firm (4/5) – Witness (April 5, 2013)
- Kingdom Discipleship: Faith for Every Sphere of Life, Part 1
- Kingdom Discipleship: Faith for Every Sphere of Life, Part 2
- Kingdom Discipleship: Faith for Every Sphere of Life, Part 3
- Being Salt, Part 1
- Being Salt, Part 2
- Being Salt, Part 3
- Being Salt, Part 4
- Calling All Missions-Minded Men at Southside (December 20, 2011)